Turkey Nuggets w/ Gluten Free and Dairy Free Options
The breading for this recipe can be adjusted to make it Gluten Free or Dairy Free and can also be used to make a breading for Turkey Cutlets. Those adjustments are given at the end of the recipe.
- 1 lb fresh Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast or Fillets
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (optional)
DirectionsCut turkey in 1 inch cubes.
In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper.
Melt butter or margarine.
Dip turkey pieces in butter or margarine, then roll in dry crumb mixture to coat completely.
Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 10-12 minutes.
Check to see if turkey is no longer pink in the middle. Serve hot or cold.
Makes approximately 30 nuggets.
- For Gluten Free Breading use almond flour instead of bread crumbs.
- For Dairy Free Breading substitute Sheep or Goat Asiago and Cheddar.
- To use as a breading for plain cutlets omit butter/margarine and pan fry in lightly greased pan on medium high for 3-5 minutes per side.