Grilled Turkey Thighs
Created by Turkey Shoppe on July 31, 2019
- 4 turkey thighs, bone in, skin removed
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices and the oil to make a paste.
- Place the turkey thighs, along with the wet rub, into a resealable plastic bag, and rub and turn the thighs until they are completely covered. Alternately, you can use your hands to spread the rub.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your barbecue to 400F (205C)
- Place the turkey thighs on the preheated grill and cook for 30-35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165F (74C).
- Baste the turkey thighs with your favourite barbecue sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the thighs to a serving dish, cover with foil, and allow them to rest for five minutes before serving.
Recipe compliments from The Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency